-Originally, I had intended to make the 'most realistic' Spiderman I could create. The problem is to do that, I need a full frontal and full back view of spiderman (just standing there). So far, I have yet to find such posed shots (most are swinging/wall-crawling, etc). So Ive had to resort to custom-built textures based on pictures.
- Personally, Ive considered the same aspects u just mentioned, about gameplay. In my opinion, the mod might have to crossover here and have a more 'web fluid cartridge' usage ( at one time i was thinking of converting 'force'-powers into 'web'-powers; like web_blind[ blind ], web_ensnare[ grip: no dmg ], web_disarm[ pull ], etc-etc ; which would require 'mana' converted into ' web-fluid cartridges' that the player picks up. I thought it would help to create balance in the game. But we are still in the " Conceptual Ideas " phase. Anything is up for grabs.
- Cartoonish? uh-oh. Yes, I am hoping to get a more realistic version. My original facemask was directly from spiderman2 ( but i couldnt find sufficient pics to complete the costume -- still looking ). There may in fact be multiple spiderman types of skins to choose from when we are finally done ( from cellshaded, cartoonish, movie, comics, etc )
- As for as color placement goes, i know spiderman has had many color-type variations over the years ( show me a pic or link of the type u are refering to ).
- The webbing (whether it will be black [ the original ] or more silvery-white w/ black shadows [ the movie ] ) is not done yet. It has not even be implemented in my pics / skin , yet.
( im having problems making a realistic web over the skin )
- The 'black lines' around spidermans eyes in his facemask, are hard to tell from some of the screenshots ive posted, but they are there.
The costume itself has this much done to it:
- red / blue color placement
- mesh pattern incorporated into the outfit
- gradient shades of red incorporated into outfit
x webbing ( still pending )
- Comic version is also being considered; and actually should be 'easier' to do ( at one time i had even thought about adding silver wrist web-shooters overtop of his wrist [ tho, those are more like 'scarlet-spider'] it would make it more reasonable, if / when players picked up 'web-fluid pickup cartridges'(aka, mana).
Kirby had some thoughts about that, and using celshaded so it would look more hand-drawn. ( link or pic of the version you 'Envision'? )
Im using PSP - Paint Shop Pro to create the textures
Any ideas on how to make realistic webbing, let me know.
Currently, I am exploring using white 'weave' pattern on costume, then using 'kaleidoscope' to rotate that weave into a spiral shape form ( which almost looks like a web, but w/o the curved inward loops associated with a spiderweb ).